L-Pro Filter 2"
L-Pro Filter 2"
L-Pro Broadband Light Pollution Filter 2"
The L-Pro (L-Professional) filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deep sky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII(496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII(654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII(672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at sub-rural area with heavy light pollution).
Main Use and Performance
- Suitable for color CCD cameras and unmodified DSLRs
- Works well on most emission nebulae, reflection nebulae and dark nebulae
- Suitable for visual observation and astrophotography
- The L-Pro filter has a very low transmission reduction rate against continuous spectrum space objects, and thus is quite effective in suppressing light pollution sources when shooting galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. The same holds true for visual star observations.
- The L-Pro filter alone can suppress infrared wavelength, and thus can be used at ease for “L” image shootings with CCDs
- Light pollution filters do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
This filter is sized to fit 2" eyepieces.
For a comparison and review of the light polution filters see
Amit Kamble's Comparison